Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

This is a note that was sent to us from a parent who attended the Butterfly Flutter By.  Her son is on the CMF protocol and doing very well!  Below is a conversation she had with him one night before bed:

Son: I love you to the moon and back.
Me: I love you to Jupiter and back.
Son: I love you to Pluto and back. Mommy, is Pluto cold?
Me: yes, very cold.
Son: why is Pluto cold?
Me: because it is so far from the sun it never gets warm, like when the sun warms us here on Earth.
Son: And is Jupiter cold, too?
Me: Yes – it is a big cold ball of gas – not solid like the Earth.
Son: So Jupiter is a cold planet and is made of gas, not solid (he pauses to think) but does Jupiter rotate around the Sun?
Me: (smiling) Yes, it actually ‘revolves’ around the sun, but yes.
Son: what does revolve mean?
Me: (still smiling) it’s the word we use to say it goes around the sun.

Why was I smiling – this was a conversation I was having with Warren, my 8yr old child who happens to have been born with Down syndrome.

1 comment: